Sunday, October 17, 2004

South Africa Wrap Up

I hope to see a few other team members offer some closing thoughts as well.

I could write about this trip for years to come, however space is limited, so i'll try to be brief.
As with many mission trips of this nature, team members spend an extremely larger amount of time together and get to know each other quite well. Sometimes too well haha
I have to say that I began some very good friendships with several of the team members. I learned so much from watching them and sharing with them, as well as listening to their stories. I had the opportunity to see christians put into practice things I sometimes just hear people speak of doing. This was a high point of my trip. The bonding that occurs is something that words can not describe. When several people are united for a single purpose and cause it cn be overwhelming to see the results at times. I can think of two team members that really has a major influence on me during our two week stay. The sharing of feelings and insights were so helpful and touching. Also to see how they are so passionate about their walks with Christ. I won't mention names, each team member was special to me in one way or another, although two really had a major impact. They know who they are, I have shared this with them both. I just want to say thank you for all they taught me and for showing me where I need to improve in my walk.

Another high point was seeing our money (BBC'S) in action. It's one thing to donate money to the mission's offering, but something entirely different to see it in action. BBC is partnered with Living Hope Centre in South Africa and to actually see how well this money has been used , and the results from our support, as well as seeing results from the SA Mission team service in just undescribable. So many times we saw volunteers and staff completely sold out to God and to doing his work. It was so amazing to see how so few people have been able to touch the lives of so many.

This was an humbling experience and one I wish each of you could personally experience. Our photos, videos, and stories can not adequately express all that we experienced. I'm convinced that God's hand was in BBC'S decision to partner with this organization. The SA Team witnessed first hand that God is alive and well.

Thank you to each one that prayed for us , and supported us in other ways too. Each one of us could feel the prayers of those back home praying for us each day. There is still much work to be done in South Africa, and I hope to have the opportunity to return on the next trip.

I pray that each of us team memberswill be able to take what we have experienced and learned and make a difference in Brentwood as well.

Roger

No comments: