Wednesday, October 05, 2005

So much to say....so little time.

Isn't that how it always is? I'm just not sure where to start today. Do I start with the little girl who had AIDS lesions on her face, or her many many friends who have the scars from where their's have heald?

Do I start with the Marine School in Ocean View, where 350 4th-7th graders got to hear about how Jesus and how each of them are made special...and that they aren't a mistake. These are the children that South African society has kind of forgotton about.

They live in an area where 75% of the high schoolers are addicted to Meth-Amphetamines (called TIK here)...and the drug pushers take over people's homes and the police can't get anything on them because of the insiders on the force informing the pushers when the busts will be?

Then there is Nathan, who grew up in OceanView. He will help run the children's club in Ocean View and his desire is to see more positive role models in the lives of the children there. I asked Nathan who his positive role model was....his answer? God. His dad died when he was 5, and he accepted Christ at age 13, knowing that there had to be something better for him
outside of what he saw day in day out. (sidenote--when Nathan told me this...he was holding about 10 balloon animals in his hands. It's a great picture!)

Maybe I should start with this morning. I helped dig a trench that is now the home to computer cables that will help the hopice and the new offices that we're building be more effiecent.

Or I could start with the end of the day and talk of Matt Allison who came and played for us this evening. He's a great singer/songwriter....and his passion for relationship evangelism
is precisely evident in the music he writes. It was an incredible reminder to me that God IS everywhere. The same thing He is telling the Christ followers of my generation in the US of A, is the same He's sharing with my generation in South Africa.

All of that to say, it's been a full day. A lot of emotions/thoughts haven't quite made themselves straight in my mind. My heart aches for Ocean View this evening...and for the 100ish 4-6 year olds who may or may not have a tin roof over their heads this evening.

The wind blows loud outside the window and the extra blanket for my bed has just arrived. Extra blanket...His grace flows down and covers me.

No comments: