Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ocean View

Today the centre at Ocean View will be dedicated and officially opened. If I fully understood how much this will impact the community I would share it here, but I don't have the words. Again, this area has 75% of their high schoolers addicted to Meth, the highest teenage pregnancy rate, and one of the highest drug abuse problems in the Eastern Cape. The Centre is already too small for all of the activities that need to be held there....but it is a start. What Nathan and Melanie would really like to have a youth center. It'll be fun to hear about how God provides that for them. The house where Ocean View Living Hope will be, used to be a drug pushers home and he had turned it into a brothel. Now it'll be a place of refuge and hope, an area where change can happen. It's so excited to be a part of it. Last year the team helped clean/build/straigten and who knows what else....now we get to see it open...next year...well..we wait eagerly for what God will do.

Yesterday, I was one of the few who went horseback riding. It was BRILLANT! We walked, trotted, cantered along the sand, with the cool breeze in our face and Shane and Shane singing in my ears about the majesty of Jesus. Amazing.

I leave you with a song...it's been in my head all week (well actually there have been more than just this one...but still...) I think it sums up my thoughts fairly well this morning.

"There is none like You. No one else can touch my heart like You do. I could search for all eternity long and find there is none like You. Your mercy flows like a river wide. Healing comes in Your name. Helpless children are safe in Your arms. There is none like You!"

No comments: