Sunday, October 09, 2005

Revival

So my favorite event of the day was visiting Masiphumelele church and listening to their choir! It was fantastic! (I'm determined to use the words "brilliant" and "fantastic" more when I return home)

I suppose it was what I expected...But what stuck me is the difference in the spirits of the people. We sit at Brentwood every Sunday with more than we could ever need and for some of us, more than we want. When I look around it's hard to see a smile on anyone's face. Here, in Masi, I looked around and it was hard to find anything BUT a smile. These people have one towel to share with their entire families...And yet more joy resides in their pinky toe, than in most of our American churches. I wonder if we are like the churches in Revelation 2...Have we forgotten our first love? Maybe we've just forgotten the reason we need that love?

We did have the opportunity to sing for them as well. A team "theme song" would have to be "Because He Lives" so we sang that for them. Then joined in a song entitled "There's Going to be a Revival" It was a brilliant song! As I looked out over the faces of the children and the faces of those who aren't children, I knew what we were singing is true. Revival will start anywhere people are seeking God wholeheartedly....it'll start in Masi. There will be a revival from the top, to the bottom from the side to the side, because His people have humbled themselves, they pray and they seek His face. He hears from Heaven...and will answer those prayers.

Daddy....thank you for the people of Masi, the people who share joy so easily...make me more like them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me share in your experience, and thanks to Mark for hanging out all afternoon! May God continue to bless you and your work here!