Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ready to go (?)

It's after midnight and I've set my alarm to allow me a "luxurious" 3 hours of sleep before I get up, get ready and catch my ride to the airport. I've obsessed over the details of what I might need according to the plan, what I might need to cover contingencies (like luggage loss), and tried to remember how heavy an ounce is when it gets together with its fellow ounces in my backpack (some sort of weird physics going on, where addition becomes multiplication over time) and pack it light. I admit I've been an easy target for the marketers of all things miniature; those shelves full of travel-size items have drawn my attention more than once these past few days.

My new large suitcase (a "sorry we dented your hardshell suitcase, in the rounded corner--the hardest part" gift from Delta last year) has surprised me with its capacity for...well, capacity. Not used to being able to close a suitcase without sitting on it.

I'm too tired to be excited at the moment; maybe it will hit me at some point tomorrow or the next day, when we're in the air.

Grace and Peace,
Mark

1 comment:

Amanda Bradley said...

I know you all are on a plane right now- somewhere between Atlanta and the Cape Verde Islands, perhaps?
As of late I've been working on my South Africa scrapbook from Last Year (yes, I'm a little bit behind on things) and it's brought back so many memories and feelings. I know firsthand what you are headed into, so that helps me know how to pray for you (warmer weather... safety from babboons... compassion and servant hearts... patience in waiting to use the computers), but there are many things about this trip that will be new and different from the last, so keep us informed on any special prayer needs. We here will be thinking of you and praying for you often. Blessings,